Log Me In is one of those services, like Orb, that I hope continues to be free. As long as it does I will continue to use it. I currently use it daily.
Log Me In is a remote desktop control app. Basically that means that if you have a home server, or even a computer that is often on, you can control it from anywhere. From your remote browser just go to their website and you can see on your screen your home desktop. Pretty much anything you can do sitting in front of the PC you can do remotely. I use it whenever I need anything done on my media PC. For a while my main server didn't have a monitor, then it was just hooked up to the TV. Whenever I needed to update something I just logged in and made the changes.
I also use it on all the computers that I provide tech support for. It also makes for some pretty good jokes, for example when you're logged into your sisters computer fixing things and her roommate comes in and starts writing a paper and can't figure out why strange lines keep popping up. Another good joke is to log into a computer when you know no one is in the room and start strange music playing.
In my setup I can watch the media PC from the bedroom TV. Well that's too far for a wireless keyboard or mouse. So I have two solutions, one is to use Log Me In from my laptop and start movies or whatever. For second solution I found a way to connect the 360 paddle to the PC and I can use it like a mouse, pretty cool.
I have also used it in class to load up a program on my home PC, complete a homework assignment, and email it to myself to print out and turn in at the end of class, pretty cool.
To get Log Me In, just go to their webpage, sign up for an account, and install the app on any computers that you want to control. You also need to install a plug-in on the browser that you control from. It's all fairly straight forward.
Overall Rating (0 = worst/hard, 4 = best/easy)
Set-up 3 / 4
Maintenance 4 / 4
Usefulness 4 / 4
Enjoyment 2 / 4
Time
13 years ago
1 comments:
I love this program.
Post a Comment